Personal Hygiene Checklist 1
Personal health and hygiene are very important when handling food. This checklist describes personal hygiene procedures needed to keep food safe.
- I wash my hands frequently and properly
- I cover cuts and sores with a bandage or dressing (eg BAND-AID) and a waterprof covering (eg glove)
- I wear clean clothes and an apron over my clothes. I remove the apron when i leave the kitchen or food preparation area.
- I tie back my hair or cover it with a hat or hairnet
- I keep my fingernails trimmed and clean.
- I store my personal belongings away before preparing food.
- I do not eat over unprotected food.
- I do not sneeze, blow or cough over unprotected food.
- I do not spit or smoke in food handling areas.
- I do not wear jewellery or a watch (except wedding ring) when preparing food.
- I do not prepare food if I have aninfectious illness (eg diarrhoea, vomiting) or have a skin, eye, ear or nose infection.
Personal Hygiene Checklist 2
Before we go out today, make sure you have checked these things?
- Smell your armpits, do they smell fresh? If not, put some deodorant on.
- Look at your clothes. Are they clean? If not, change them or clean them.
- Look at your nose – is it clean? If not, blow it.
- Look at your face – is it clean? If not, wash it.
- Look at your hair – does it look neat? If not, brush it.
- Look at your clothes – are they neat? If not, fix them.
- Go to the toilet. Make sure your undies are clean and that they don’t smell. If they are not clean, change them.
Personal Hygiene Checklist 3 (Customizable)
You can customize this personal hygiene checklist and write what you want your child to do.